I’m not sure what it is about back to school sales that make me so giddy but I’m such a geek that I actually squeeled at the site of the $1 bins today! Here’s what I picked up:
(2) Staples Desk Calendars $4.99 ea.
(2) Crayola Super Tips Markers @ $2.00 ea.
(2) Crayola Broad Tip Markers @ $2.00 ea.
(2) Staples Glue @ $ .01 ea.
(2) Rose Art Crayons 24 pack @ $ .01 ea.
(2) Bic Pens 8-pack @ $ .01 ea.
(1) Bic Dry Erase Markers 4-pack @ $ .50
(1) Scotch Super Glue 4-pack @ $2.99
- $1.30 instant savings
(1) Staples Savings Pass @ $10.00
- $5/$30 Staples In-Store Purchase
- $5.33 ~ 15% Staples Savings Pass
I’ll be submitting for $26.74 in Staples Easy Rebates online.
Standing in line I began contemplating the whole Staples Back-to-School Savings Pass deal. I didn’t get one last year because quite frankly I was able to pick up alot of fantastic deals (even freebies) at Staples with out it.
But today I had time in line to do the math. I figured out that if I purchased the pass for $10 it basically would pay for itself after I purchase $60 worth of supplies. I peeked into my cart and realized I already had $30 worth of supplies on my first trip. So I decided to go ahead and purchase one. I saved $5.33 with just today’s purchases and it’s only the first day of the Back-to-School sales!
Time will tell if this was a good purchase or not, but I have a feeling it will turn into a money maker for me pretty quickly. The pass is valid through 9/15. You can read more about it HERE.
Here’s the one thing I wish I could change about Staples. The novella that prints out with each Easy Rebate. I received 7 long receipts today alone. That’s a lot of paper being used in a time where we are going paperless more and more. Save the trees Staples!